For 4 people
For the zucchini flowers
- 180 gr Bulgur wheat, medium fine
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch spring onions, slim
- 20 g ginger, fresh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 50 g Fresh cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg whites
- 20 gr Parmesan cheese
- 8 zucchini flowers
- 100 gr Polenta semolina
- Salt and pepper
For the dip and salad
- 1 chilli pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 150 gr Fresh cream
- 150 gr wild herbs salad with flowers
- Cayenne pepper, salt and sugar
This delicious dish is made from fresh products that are all included in Sous Fresh’s extensive range.
This recipe is intended to inspire, and you can use it and adapt it freely. We would love to hear from you how to make it even tastier.
Good luck preparing it!
- Rinse the bulgur with cold water and dry. Cook the bulgur on low heat for 7-8 minutes. Drain the bulgur in a strainer.
- Cut the white and light green part of the spring onion into fine rings. Peel the fresh ginger and grate it finely. Cut the garlic finely.
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic, spring onions and ginger for 2-3 minutes and let it cool. Grate the lime zest and mix this with the bulgur, spring onions, fresh cream, egg yolk and Parmesan cheese to a savory mix. Bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully open the zucchini flowers and remove the stem. Put the bulgur mixture into a pastry bag without a tip. Stuff the flowers and carefully turn to close.
- Beat the egg white with a fork and roll the flowers through it. Roll the flowers through the polenta semolina.
- For the dip, remove the seeds of the red peppers and cut it very fine. Cut the chives into small rings and stir together with the chopped peppers, lime juice, a pinch of sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and sour cream.
- Wash the wild herb salad and edible flowers, let them dry and divide over the plate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Carefully place the zucchini flowers in the oil and ‘fry’ 4-5 minutes over a low heat on each side. Serve the courgette flowers on the salad with the fresh cream dip.