A festive vegetarian Christmas recipe where vegetables play the leading role
A festive vegetarian Christmas recipe where vegetables play the leading role, where meat or fish won’t be missed and a vegetarian doesn’t have to feel like he is given a side dish.
A festive Christmas meal where everyone gets the true Christmas feeling, prepared exclusively for Sous Fresh by Rick Kleijwegt. And this isn’t the only menu he’s prepared. Also check out the Christmas menu that combines a cranberry gel with duck breast, or a special dish with Jerusalem artichoke and scallops.
Have fun cooking, and have a Merry Christmas.
- Mix the egg with a dash of cream, chopped Rock Chives, salt and pepper.
- Bake on 1 side on low heat
- Cut strips and roll up (modeling the strips with a sharp knife)
- Peel the Scorzonera
- Boil the Scorzonera in 60% milk and 40% vegetable stock until tender
- Mix the cooked Scorzonera in the cooking fluid with a hand blender to form a mass
- Add lecithin to the mass (by feeling) and mix it with a Milk Frother (mini hand blender) until a lovely, bubbly foam arises
- Fry the mushrooms until golden brown
- Slice the beetroot and carrots over the Japanese mandolin and put in ice water (give them the desired shape after 10 minutes)
- Roast the pointed peppers in the oven (180 degrees) with some oil, peel and dry the skin until it is crispy
- Dress as you like or see photo for inspiration.